Let’s talk how to safely take down 4C Natural Hair twists. Taking down two strand twists is as easy as installing them, right? No? I know installing them especially mini twists, can be a pain.
“Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Hello AfroQueens, hope your hair is growing and skin glowing. Welcome to my blog and be sure to keep it here for everything hair care. To my loyal ones & day ones welcome back. Have you checked out our payhip store yet?
Let’s talk taking down mini twists but before that, let’s catch up on previous posts on mini twists challenge and twist outs.
- Length retention challenge with mini twists
- How to achieve twists without puffy roots
- How to achieve a bomb twist outs
- Curling creams to use for defined and juicy twists/ twist outs
- Night care routine for twist outs
- How to maintain mini twists for 6 weeks.
Table of Contents
How to Safely Take Down 4C Natural Hair Twists.
So, today’s post is on how I take down or unravel my twists. When I first started wearing twists, I would borrow when twisting, unravel from the roots to the ends and I noticed that the ends would tangle until I started unraveling from the ends to the root and not borrowing. How do you unravel your twists and do your ends tangle?
Twists are gorgeous easy DIY protective styles. You can style them in different ways, don’t cost much to install and they help in retaining length. Side note; when installing twists, don’t borrow. This eases to take down process and minimizes the knotting and tangling.
Related posts; 5 Steps to prep your Natural hair for Protective Style
How to take down two strand twists.
- Start with sectioning your twists into small sections and take down a section at a time. If I take down twists without sectioning, I end up finding twists that haven’t been unraveled.
Related posts; Why sectioning Natural Hair is important.
- Next, I apply oil on my twists to soften them for easy unraveling. I use my DIY rosemary infused coconut oil.
- Unravel a twist at a time. If I’m into wearing my bomb twist out, I don’t separate the twists but if I’m intending to cleanse my hair after taking down the twists, I do separate them
I did a quick and short video on taking down twists on tiktok, check it out here.
Twist take down tips;
- Section your twists , hold with a scrunchy or braid the twists.
- Apply an oil to soften the hair for easier take down
- Start from the ends and unravel in the opposite direction (untwist)
- Don’t use a comb to take down your twists, use your fingers.
- If your roots are matted, carefully separate the strands.This also applies to the knotted ends.
Thank you for reading, share with everyone and support my blog here.
There you have it friends, how do you take down your two strand twists. Any tips? Also check out my payhip store for hair care guides.