Well, to achieve a bomb twist outs, you ought to have juicy twists as well.
Heeyyah mane embracers, how’re y’all holding up? Thank you for stopping by and welcome to my natural hair blog.
Feel like your hair has been the same length forever, I’ve an Ebook that will help you grow your hair healthier, longer and thicker. Grab your copy here… Also, check out all the Ebooks,guides and journals that will go a long way in your hair care journey here.
Mastering juicy, bouncy and defined twist outs can be hella hectic and it takes a couple of fails to get there. Have had my share of failed twist outs but they weren’t too bad or so I think. Have had frizz on gorgeous twist outs, almost cried. You can get gorgeous twists out every time if you can master the art of perfect twists, when and how to untwist.
Table of Contents
“Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.”
How to achieve bomb twist outs on 4C Hair
Best shampoos to cleanse your hair:
Deep conditioners to use for moisturized, soft and strong hair.
- tgin Honey Miracle Hair Mask
- SheaMoisture Intensive Hydration Hair Masque Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil For Dry, Damaged Hair
- Arvazallia Fortifying Protein Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner with Argan Oil and Macadamia Oil Hair Repair Treatment for Damaged, Brittle, or Thinning Hair
⦁ Twist on dry or wet hair. Personally, have done both and twists on dry hair are longer but lack the shine while twists on damp hair means less length, more shine and amazing definition.
- Ultimate Guide to Two Strand Twists on Wet Hair
- How to Get the Most Out of Twisting Dry Natural Hair
⦁ Section your hair. The number of sections depend on your hair volume or how you want your twist outs to come out for your preferred style.
⦁ Moisturize. Spritz your hair with water or the contents in your spray bottle until its damp, add more moisture with your favorite moisturizer/ leave in conditioner. Your hair should be silky soft, you can also use your favorite curling cream as well. Personally I don’t use a curling cream. For moisturizing , I moisturize a section first twist it then on to the next.
Best Leave-in conditioners for moisturized and soft hair;
- Carol’s Daughter Goddess Strength Divine Strength Leave In Conditioner Cream
- OKAY Black Jamaican Castor Oil Moisture Growth Leave In Conditioner
- Design Essentials Natural Almond & Avocado, Moisturizing & Detangling Leave-In Conditioner
- Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter Hair Mask & Leave-In Conditioner
Posts related to two strand twists;
- LOC/LCO Natural hair moisturizing methods; What you must know.
- How to use leave-in Conditioners on Type 4 Natural Hair.
- Top 30 Best Curling Creams for Type 4 Hair.
Looking to define your curls, use these curl creams;
- tgin Twist and Define Cream For Natural Hair
- Taliah Waajid Curls Waves Natural – Curly Curl Cream
- African Pride Moisture Miracle Shea Butter & Flaxseed Oil Curling Cream
- Creme Of Nature, Curl Cream for Curly Hair
- Curls Blueberry Bliss Twist-N-Shout Cream
⦁ Twist. twist each moisturized section. The number of twists depend on your volume, time. Twist each strand first for definition or you can just wear lose twists. The two strands to braid should be equal to avoid borrowing , this may lead to frizz and tangles. Don’t forget to seal in the moisture.
The bomb twist outs.
Now that you have your gorgeous twists, let’s get down to twist outs. If you are to wear twists for weeks like your girl here, then you must keep them moisturized. My leave-in is a super moisturizer, so I moisturize on weekends only.
Don’t unravel your twists if not fully dry. Press your twists on your fingers to check for moisture before unraveling.
Apply oil on your hands before unraveling, don’t use your nails to unravel, untwist on the opposite direction and voila! bouncy, juicy and defined twist outs.
Twist outs don’t have to be boring, you can style them too or just pick the roots and step out like the queen you are.
Twist outs related posts:
- Night twist out routine to keep Curls popping for longer.
- Top 8 mistakes to avoid making on braid outs and twist out
- 6 Easy & gorgeous Twist out styles.
Thank you for reading, share with everyone and support my blog here.
That’s all from me, share your tips and hacks as well. I hope on seeing your perfected juicy, curly and bouncy twist outs.