Are puffs low manipulation style or a protective style? Well, I’ve worn it as a low manipulation for almost two weeks and thought of sharing how that went.
Hello AfroQueens, hope your hair is growing and skin glowing. Welcome to my blog and be sure to keep it here for everything hair care. To my loyal ones & day ones welcome back. Have you checked out our payhip store yet? We have guides on growing healthy and long hair & hair journals too.
Feel like your hair has been the same length forever, I’ve an Ebook that will help you grow your hair healthier, longer and thicker. Grab your copy here… Also, check out all the Ebooks,guides and journals that will go a long way in your hair care journey here.
I had two strands twists for the longest time and once the scalp started to scream wash me (read itchy scalp.) I washed, deep conditioned and moisturized the twists and once dry, I unravelled them and styled to a puff
“Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.”
I wore this style for almost two weeks then re-styled to half up, half down style, two side puffs, what I mean to say is I was on a hair styling adventure. Let’s focus on the puff.
Related post; Everything you should know about hair puffs.
Guess who launched a hair care product? Yes, me. Rovie care is the name of our hair care brand and our first product is soft and seal chebe hair butter that I’ve been using for sometime now & my hair loves it. Follow us here and order yours here.
Puff Daily Routine
- Start by moisturizing the hair, layering moisturizing and sealing products. I used water, mikalla moisture boost leave in and sealed with rovie care soft and seal chebe butter.
- Used a hair tie to hold the puff. Section the front part (bangs) then hold the rest of the hair into a puff. Don’t hold the puff too tight, this may cause strain on your scalp, headaches and eventually thinning and receding hairline.
- Comb out the puff with your fingers, hair pick or Afro comb to give it a fuller long and style the bangs. If you feel like you need more curly bangs and puffs twist them or finger coil to achieve desired twists, you can also consider using curling cream to give you the curl definition you deserve.
- Step out rocking your puff with bangs like the Queen you are.
- At night you can choose to loosen the puff and twist your hair or let it be and only twist and tuck the bangs if your hair is long. I let my puff be and only twisted the bangs into a chunky twists that I pinned.
- The following day(s), moisturize and lock in the moisture. I mixed water and mikalla moisture boost in a spray bottle to remoisturize and sealed with rovie care soft and seal chebe to keep the moisture locked in and the hair feeling soft until the following day.
What I loved about the style.
- How cute it looked every single day.
- How easy it was to style my hair every morning, didn’t have to take a thousand years thinking of a style to rock.
- The fact that you can accessorize the style with a hair scarf..
The downside of puffs.
- If not installed properly, may cause strain on your scalp, headache and was thinning hair.
- You might end up being obsessed with the style and wear it for longer than you intended.
- Since the strand aren’t stretched they will tend to shrink , curl, hug & tangle on each other making detangling quite a job.
Do you wear hair puffs? How long do you care for & keep them.