We call them rinse off / wash out conditioners/ instant conditioners or wash off conditioners.
Hello AfroQueens, hope your hair is growing and skin glowing. Welcome to my blog and be sure to keep it here for everything hair care. To my loyal ones & day ones welcome back.
Feel like your hair has been the same length forever, I’ve an Ebook that will help you grow your hair healthier, longer and thicker. Grab your copy here… Also, check out all the Ebooks,guides and journals that will go a long way in your hair care journey here.
I noticed most of us confuse conditioners and don’t know which is used when, where and why. So, today we dive into rinse off conditioners.
Table of Contents
“Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.”
What are rinse out hair conditioner
Rinse off conditioners are surface conditioners formulated to restore & retain moisture after cleansing, give good slip to detangle & some can be used as co-washes.
Rinse off conditioners are meant to be rinsed off after some minutes unlike leave- in conditioners.
Benefits of Rinse out Conditioner
- Condition and soften hair
- Melts away the tangles making detangling easier
- Can be used as a Co-Washing products
How I use Rinse off hair conditioner.
- As a detangler; some conditioners have a good slip that melts away the tangles. My personal favorite is Mikalla honey and butter, the scent is heavenly delicious and melts my tangles.
- As a pre-poo product, I have used a detangler as a pre-poo a couple of times. Forgrac conditioner is my favorite conditioner because it restores moisture & leaves my hair feeling so soft and manageable. Ain’t a fan of using conditioners as pre-poo products.
- As a co-wash; I’ve co-washed a couple of times too, ain’t much into co-washing cos the products don’t cleanse or get rid of the build up. Yeah I know conditioners are not for cleansing but sometimes life gets busy and a co-wash will keep you going for a couple of days to a week.
Are Rinse off hair conditioners important?
Personally, I rarely purchase rinse off conditioners because I don’t find them really essential but lately I’m loving mikalla honey and butter conditioner because of the good slip it gives.
Just because I don’t find them essential it doesn’t mean you wouldn’t. We all have different regimen, lifestyle and hair needs for instance, if your hair needs midweek co-washing, well you will find a co-wash or a cleansing conditioner useful. Know your hair needs and purchase the products it needs.
Rinse off/ Rinse out conditioners
Incase you missed posts about deep conditioners;
Thank you for reading, share with everyone and support my blog here.
Do you use rinse off hair conditioners?