Is it possible to comb through your 4C hair without pain? Why does my scalp hurt every time I comb my hair?
Feel like your hair has been the same length forever, I’ve an Ebook that will help you grow your hair healthier, longer and thicker. Grab your copy here… Also, check out all the Ebooks,guides and journals that will go a long way in your hair care journey here.
Hello ManEmbracers, I hope your hair is growing and skin glowing. Welcome to my blog and be sure to keep it here for everything hair care. To my loyal ones & day ones welcome back. Have you checked out our payhip store yet? We got journals and hair care guides for y’all.
“Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.”
I’ve heard how painful it is to comb 4c hair, the fact that the comb doesn’t smoothly comb out your length and the hair, breaking the combs nightmare a couple of times. Is it possible to comb your hair without pain? Yes it is.
4C hair is that delicate and sensitive child that you ought to be patient with and handle gently. Always be gentle with your hair and make sure you have enough time in your hands when manipulating it (detangling, washing, styling etc.)
Why your scalp hurts when combing
- Using the wrong comb for your hair type
- Your hair is matted
- Product lacks slip
- Combing a chunk of hair at a go
- Combing dry hair
- Combing the wrong way
How to comb your hair without pain.
What you need.
- Wide tooth comb
- Spray bottle + water
- Leave in conditioner/moisturizer
- Instant conditioner/ detangler.
The combing process.
- Start by sectioning your hair into 4-8 sections. The sections depend on your hair length and Volume.
- Mix water and leave- in conditioner in your spray bottle to spritz on your hair or spray only water then apply the leave in.
- Once your hair is moisturized, start by combing out with your fingers especially if your hair is tangled.
- Start combing out with your fingers from the ends to the roots.
- Once done, use a wide toothed comb to comb & again start from the ends to get rid of the knots & tangles. Always be gentle when combing and the smaller the sections the better.
- Repeat for each section and then style your hair.
Don’t use fine toothed combs or rat tail to comb your hair, they’ll cause strain on your scalp and also avoid combing dry hair, it’s hectic and causes breakage.
How to detangle without pain.
You will need;
The Detangling process.
There are two ways you can go about detangling your hair, you can either detangle in the shower or detangle right before the shower.
Detangling in the shower;
- If you pre-poo prior to detangling, start off with that. Make sure your hair is sectioned, always work with sectioned hair because it is easier and faster.
- Soak up your hair with water until it’s sopping wet, apply your detangler or conditioner. Ensure your strands are coated with the product.
- Use a wide tooth comb or detangling brush to detangle and start from the ends to the roots.
- Repeat for each section.
Detangling before shower;
- Section your hair, spritz water on your hair then apply the detangler or conditioner and ensure your strands are coated.
- Detangle with your fingers first then follow up with a wide tooth comb/ detangling brush. Always start detangling from the ends to the roots.
- Repeat for each section.
I don’t think I’ve mentioned it here that I opened a store on payhip. What I’m I selling? Hair care printables ranging from hair care guides, journals and Ebooks. Check our store here and grab your copy of everything.
I would love to know how you comb your 4C without causing pain and strain on your scalp.