Is pre poo part of your wash day regimen? I think pre poo should be our first wash day step, what do you think?
Hello ManEmbracers, I hope your hair is growing and skin glowing. Welcome to my blog and be sure to keep it here for everything hair care. To my loyal ones & day ones welcome back.
Feel like your hair has been the same length forever, I’ve an Ebook that will help you grow your hair healthier, longer and thicker. Grab your copy here… Also, check out all the Ebooks,guides and journals that will go a long way in your hair care journey here.
Table of Contents
Pre poo/ Pre shampoo is the process of applying conditioner/ oil treatment before shampooing to minimize the stripping of moisture & natural oils by shampoo and also leaves the hair soft and manageable.
Should you pre poo?
Pre-poo is essential especially if your hair and scalp are super dry, hair tangles after shampooing, using a clarifying shampoo and feels squeaky clean after cleansing.
Benefits of pre pooing
- Eases the detangling process – using conditioners or oil with a good slip makes detangling easier.
- Minimizing the stripping effect of shampoo. If you’re using a clarifying shampoo, consider pre pooing to avoid stripping of moisture and natural oils.
- Restores moisture- dry hair? Well pre poo. Imagine how dry your hair would feel if you cleansed your dry hair. Pre-poo restores moisture back to your hair.
- Softens the hair- conditioners and oils lubricates, conditions, moisturizes & softens the hair making it easier to manage during and after cleansing.
- Improves the hair’s shine, health, growth and volume.
Pre-poo on dry or wet hair?
Well, this depends on you, I would say try both and find out which works best for you. Personally, when using a conditioner I spritz my hair with water until damp then apply the conditioner. With oils, I apply it on dry hair.
Lately, I’ve been using DIY coconut oil infused with rosemary and hibiscus. You can use instant conditioners, hair masks or oils to pre-poo. Popular pre poos;
- Coconut and olive oils.
- Instant conditioners & deep moisturizing conditioners/ hair mask
- DIY oil blends
- DIY Aloe vera gel
- DIY Avocado & Banana mask
If you’re not into DIY pre-poo, check out these products;
- Dr. Miracle’s Strong & Healthy Detangling Pre-Shampoo Treatment
- Carol’s Daughter Goddess Strength Ultra Shield Pre-Shampoo Treatment
- Mielle Organics Mongongo Oil Pre- Shampoo Treatment.
- African Pride Moisture Miracle Aloe & Coconut water Pre Shampoo
- Keracare Pre Poo Conditioner
Conditioners or oils, which is more effective?
I prefer oils to conditioners because they are more effective. My hair feels soft and manageable unlike when I use conditioners. Sometimes I experience squeaky clean hair after using conditioners. I would like to know which works best for you?
Pre-poo overnight or Nah?
This is also a personal choice. How long I keep my pre-poo products depends on how dirty my hair is, time and the product I’m using.
I use instant conditioners on instances when my hair feels dirty/ lots of build up and when sis has a few hours to work with. Oils are my favs and I do pre poo overnight when using oils. Do you pre-poo overnight or nah?
In case you missed it?
Do you pre-poo? If no, why not?