Afro puffs hairstyles are among my favorite styles. I love that they are easy and quick to achieve, look cute and perfect for almost if not all occasions. The best part with afro puff styles is you can use extensions incase of short or medium length hair.
Feel like your hair has been the same length forever, I’ve an Ebook that will help you grow your hair healthier, longer and thicker. Grab your copy here… Also, check out all the Ebooks,guides and journals that will go a long way in your hair care journey here.
Afro puffs are low maintenance and manipulation styles which can last you a couple of days to a week depending on how well you care for them. Also, they come in different varieties from high puffs, side puffs, low puffs and you can accessorize them too.
“Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.”
Table of Contents
How to install afro puffs styles.
- Start off by moisturizing your hair. Never style or manipulate dry hair. Moisturized hair not only looks good, it is easy to style. Section your hair into 4-8 parts, you can twist the section or hold with a satin scrunchie.
- Spray water until your hair is damp then follow up with your go to leave-in conditioner to add the moisture and activate the curls. Some leave-in conditioners will not only give your hair moisture but also some defined curls.
The best moisturizing leave-in conditioners;
- Design Essentials Natural Almond & Avocado, Moisturizing & Detangling Leave-In Conditioner
- Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter Hair Mask & Leave-In Conditioner Treatment
- African Pride Moisture Miracle Coconut Oil & Baobab Oil Leave-In Hair Cream
- Carol’s Daughter Goddess Strength Divine Strength Leave In Conditioner Cream
- Aunt Jackie’s Curls and Coils Quench Moisture Intensive Leave-In Hair Conditioner for Natural Curls
These leave-in conditioners will leave your hair feeling silky soft, shiny and lush.
- The next product to use is a moisture sealant. These products keep moisture locked in your hair for longer by coating your hair strands. Sealants are either butters or oils.
Best sealants to keep moisture locked;
- Carol’s Daughter Goddess Strength 7 Oil Blend Scalp and Hair
- Uhuru Naturals Chebe Butter
- African Pride Moisture Miracle 5 Essential Hair Oils
- t.botanicals Chebe Butter, Chebe Hair Butter for Hair Growth
- Aunt Jackie’s Natural Growth Oil Blends Repair My Hair
Incase you want your curls or coils popping, you can use a curling cream and use your fingers to curl your hair. Some of the curl creams you can use are;
- Aunt Jackie’s Curl La La, Lightweight Curl Defining Custard
- Design Essentials Natural,Almond & Avocado Honey Curl Forming Custard
- Cantu Coconut Curling Cream with Shea Butter
- SheaMoisture Smoothie Curl Enhancing Cream
The next step is to use a elastic band, scrunchie or a headband to style the puff as desired. You can also accessorize the puff with a boho hair band or scarf.
11 Gorgeous Afro puff styles
Afro puff with bangs and cornrows on the side
Afro puff with bangs
Afro puff with cornrows
Flat Twisted Low puff
Afro puff with side swoop
For short hair babes, you can still rock a gorgeous puff by using extensions. Here some gorgeous drawstring puff extensions.
- rosmile Afro Puff Drawstring Ponytail Extension for Black Women
- MOONSHOW Afro Puff Drawstring Ponytail Extension for Black Women
- CECINILL Afro Puff kinky curly Drawstring Ponytail Extension for Black Women
- Cetiq Afro Puff Drawstring Ponytail with Bangs Pineapple Updo Hair for Black Women
- Fayasu Afro Puff Drawstring Ponytail with Kinky Curly Hair Clip in Bangs