Hello mane embracers, I hope your crowns are flourishing and your skin glowing. Thank you for stopping by and welcome to my natural hair blog.
I know you might of heard about hot oil treatment and if you haven’t yet, I got you covered and your hair will thank you for it. First off, hot oil means just that hot oil but not burning hot, just warm you don’t want to burn your scalp, do you?
I was on consistent on hot oil treatment like two years ago but am back on the game. I did alternate between a moisturizing deep conditioner and hot oil treatment as my deep conditioner for a couple of months until I fell off but am back at it again, a lady is determined to grow longer healthy and lush hair and hope you are too. Let’s get down to the benefits and how to go about it.
Why consider hot oil treatment.
If you experience dry and brittle hair, then you ought to consider trying out hot oil treatment, I will be camping here for your experiences.
The benefits of hot oil treatment are:
Adds moisture to the hair and scalp reducing dryness and softens the hair
Strengthens weak hair
Helps tame frizz and reduces split ends
Increase blood circulation in the scalp stimulating growth
When to apply/apply on wet or dry hair.
I know of a hair blogger who applies the hot oil treatment as a pre-poo but I choose to use hot oil treatment as a deep conditioner or mix up with my deep conditioner cause then my hair follicles are open with no dirt and product build up and I do apply on damp hair after cleansing
How to apply your hot oil treatment
- Put your oil in a applicator bottle
- Place the applicator bottle in a container with hot water and let it sit for a few minutes to warm up the oil.
- Test the warmth of the oil by applying on your wrist first to avoid burning up your scalp
- Apply the oil from the roots all through your length not forgetting to pay attention to your ends since they are the oldest and are prone to drying & split ends
- Massage your scalp for a few minutes to stimulate blood circulation in your scalp for hair growth
- Wear your plastic cap and wrap a warm towel or just let your body heat do the rest of the work. You can also use a thermal cap, steamer or hooded dryer to open up the cuticles for the oils to penetrate your shafts.
- Let it sit for 15-30 minutes to overnight. I let my treatment oil stay overnight under my plastic cap.
- Rinse off and apply a leave in conditioner/moisturizer.
Try the hot oil treatment on both damp and dry hair to find out what work best for you and try letting it sit in your hair for minutes and overnight, all I mean to see is try it all and find out what work bests for your hair. I prefer hot oil treatment as a deep conditioner or use it alongside my deep conditioner cause it leaves my hair soft and moisturized.
In other news, I bumped into this cute and classy spray bottle and am so adding it into my to purchase list, how cool and classy is it? Ooh, you can purchase here.
What’s your hot oil treatment experience?