Tangles! Tangles! Tangles! Let’s talk about causes of tangles and how to properly detangle even the worst tangles.
Long time no post but here we are. Hello ManEmbracers, I hope your hair is growing and skin glowing. Welcome to my blog and be sure to keep it here for hair care tips.
Let’s talk about tangles for a minute but first, is your hair always tangled? Here is why. Tangles and knots can be such a pain but can be minimized.
Table of Contents
Feel like your hair has been the same length forever, I’ve an Ebook that will help you grow your hair healthier, longer and thicker. Grab your copy here… Also, check out all the Ebooks,guides and journals that will go a long way in your hair care journey here.
How to minimize tangles.
- Keep your hair moisturized. Moisturize properly and regularly.
- Let go of damaged and split ends.
- Don’t keep your two strand twists for too long and re-twist when you notice your roots are getting fluffy after cleansing.
- Detangle properly
- Consider low manipulation styles to wearing your hair out
- Wear low manipulation & protective styles on stretched hair.
- Pat your hair with an old t-shirt/ towel to absorb the water after cleansing or use a microfiber towel. Avoid vigorously rubbing your hair with a towel.
Essential detangling tools.
- Spray bottle
- Hair clip or scrunchies
- Wide-tooth comb
- Micro-fiber towel
- Conditioner/ Detangler
- Detangling brush
How to properly detangle/ ultimate detangling steps.
- Work with sections. First, section into smaller parts. Detangling smaller sections is easier and not as time consuming.
- Start with damp hair. Spray water on your hair until damp.
- Add a conditioner/ detangler with a good slip to smoothen the tangles.
- Start detangling from the ends to the roots with your fingers. Don’t snap off the tangles, slowly separate the strands from the tangle.
- Comb with a wide tooth comb from the ends to the roots of each section then run it through your entire length. You can also use a detangling brush to detangle.
- Twist / braid or clip the detangled section and repeat the same for all other sections.
Detanglers & conditioners to check out / purchase.
- TGIN Quench 3-in-1 Co-Wash Conditioner and Detangler
- SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Detangler
- Aunt Jackie’s Curls and Coils Knot On My Watch Instant Hair Detangling
- Kinky-Curly, Knot Today, Natural Leave in / Detangler
- Oyin Handmade Oh My Glide! Prestyling Detangler
- Taliah Waajid Curls, Waves & Naturals The Great Detangle
- Marini Naturals 3 IN 1 Leave-In Conditioner
- Saru Organics Tea Tree And Peppermint Detangler
- SHETH NATURALS Detangling Instant Conditioner
Share with the tribe your detangling tips and detangling products and tools that have worked for you.