So, I hopped into the Rice water bandwagon. I’ve been a chicken about it for the longest time cos ain’t so much into hyped stuff but I do get FOMO sometimes.
Hello ManEmbracers, I hope your hair is growing & skin glowing. Thank you for stopping by & for my being here tribe thank you sticking around.
Let’s get into my first rice water trial but before that, check out a detailed post on the history of rice water, its benefits, and how to prepare and store it.
How I prepared the rice water.
I ended up using fermented rice water though it wasn’t the initial plan. The plan was to soak rice overnight then use it. Did the plan go through? Nah, I ended up using it after three days as a protein deep conditioner, it’s been a minute since I used a protein treatment.
How I prepared & Used the fermented rice water.
- Washed half a cup of rice
- Soaked in warm water in a sealed container.
- Left it for three days. On the second day, I added lemon peels to curb the smell.
- On the D-day, I drained the rice water into a spray bottle.
- I did spray the rice water on my mini twists after cleansing then put on my shower cap and let it sit for an hour.
- Rinsed it off. So, I was to follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner but my hair felt sorta soft and manageable.
- Instead of following up with moisturizing deep conditioner, I moisturized with a moisturizer & sealed with a light butter.
- I’ll be using rice water as pre poo on my next wash day, so watch out for that. In the meantime let’s catch up on Instagram.
This is how twists looked after cleansing
My mini twists after moisturizing.
The roots of twists got puffy “untwisted”, so I had to retouch the visible parts(back, front and back)
Mosara is still offering the Mosara Natural Hair Starters Kit : Shampoo, Hydrating Butter & Treatment